When looking at the map the vending machine will show its location as a shopping cart. The color of the cart on the map will depend on its status. if its red its either empty or has nothing to sell but if its green there is stuff there.
The owner can toggle "broadcast location" by holding down "E" and accessing the configuration settings. If "broadcast location" is switched to off, the machine will not show up on maps regardless of if it has items for sale or not.
It can also be used to hold items like a chest
If you decide to recycle a vending machine you will get 10 HQM and 2 gears back.
1. Don’t set your vending machine in a populated area, but next to it.
you would think setting up shop in the middle of the most populated area is best but it’s the exact opposite. Customers will be killed constantly. Too much pvp will be happening in an area and will scare customers away
2. Sell items your customers will want.
on Wipe day sell code locks, Waterpipe shotguns, Bow and arrows, nails guns, metal tools, and crossbows. no one wants burlap clothing for your stone spear. on wipe day charge wood and resources for your items.
3. Charge reasonable prices and make sure its cheaper than other shops unless the shops are far away from you.
4. Try and charge basic items like resources
Charge basic items like resources in your shop but if you are looking for a specific item you will need to lose resources. For example. If you want a High External Wood Wall, make a listing for |9000 wood > High External Wood Wall| This way people with the High Wall BP will be running to your shop to claim their free wood and you will get the high wall.
7. Target solo, duo, and trios for your main shop but set up secondary shops for zergs and heavy pvp’ers. Naked will be a reasonable customer because you can charge basic tools, guns and resources as they have nothing.
Medical syringes and ammo sells like hotcakes, if it’s for the right price. Make a shop in a high traffic area selling stacks of ammo and medical supplies. The secret to selling out quickly is charging wood. Charge 1000 wood for every 32 5.56 and 750 for 32 pistol ammo. Sell a medical syringe for 500. People don’t carry much on them when roaming but almost always have a hatchet. If they’re running low on ammo or meds they will stop by your shop.
8. Do not ever put anything in your vending machine worth raiding
9. Do not roofcamp or scam near your shop unless you are willing to make enemies
10. Try not to sell weapons that can be used against you e.g double barrels and compounds bows as your customers will find it easy killing you with those weapons.
Metal Hatchet – 200-250 Sulfur Each
Metal Pickaxe – 200-250 Sulfur Each
Small Furnace – 300 Sulfur Each
Garage Door – 600 Sulfur Each
Revolver – 300 Sulfur Each
Salvaged Pickaxe – 600 Sulfur Each
Salvaged Axe – 400 Sulfur Each
Level 1 workbecnh – 300-600 sulfur
Level 2 workbench – 2000-3000 sulfur
Revolver – 300 sulfur Each
Bow – 100-300 sulfur Each
Python Revolver – 500 / 650 Sulfur Each
Semi Automatic Pistols / 400 Sulfur Each
Semi Automatic Rifle – 900 / 1200 Sulfur Each
Custom SMG – 700 / 900 Sulfur Each
AK47 – 2500 / 4000 Sulfur Each
Rocket Launcher – 2500 Sulfur Each
Garage door – 600-1000 sulfur
Armored Door – 1500 Sulfur Each
Auto Turret – 2400 Sulfur Each
Wood (1000) – 25 scrap
Stone (1000) – 25 scrap
Leather (100) – 50 scrap
Metal Ore (1000) – 50 scrap
Low Grade Fuel (250) – 100 Scrap
Sulfur Ore (1000) – 150 Scrap