Isnt it perfect?
However if you have this problem like i did you will most likely try to fix it but none of the fixes you found worked. Or maybe they "worked"
"Found it finally!!!! Your file path may be different depending on where you installed steam. But take this path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rust
Then right click on Rust.exe and click run as administrator,
then right click on RustClient.exe and click run as administrator. They both booted it imediatly for me, then it worked by just booting it through the steam library. Hope this worked for you, cheers!"
So i did this for a while… What do i mean for a while? well this fix only worked until i tried to boot the game through steam library. Still stuck at bootstrap config.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common
Then install the game again and it should work fine
I did this before writing this guide and it worked the first time i booted rust. BUT when i had changed some settings ingame and closed the game and booted it the second time it was still stuck at bootstrap config (facepalm)
1. Right click the game in your Steam Library.
2. Go to Properties then the Local Files tab.
3. Click Browse Local Files.
4. Locate the game executable (the application called "Rust").
5. Right click it and then go to Properties.
6. Click the tab called "Compatibility".
7. Check the Run this program as an administrator box.
8. Then click apply and OK
9. Repeat steps on the other ,exe to be sure. (so both "Rust" and "RustClient" is going to run as admin).
There is another way to do this fix with the same result according to google but i have not tested it
"Right click on the game in steam library,click properties, click set launch options,and put this in there "runas.exe/user:administrator"
Also picture is from google since i dont have this problem, i did pay for my windows.
I wish everyone a good future, luck, health and more! Peace out!
Written by a user called Goodbye MoonMen or also in some cases called Player1 🙂
(Source for picture https://i.redd.it/u0cdssam9mv41.png)